Play the classic Heroes of Might and Magic II thanks to fheroes2, a fantastic game engine recreation project allowing you to play it cross-platform and it's open source.
Much like other similar reimplementations including OpenMW, openXcom, OpenRA and more it aims to reproduce the original game but give many enhancements to how you play and interact with it like improved AI, bug fixes, UI improvements and more.
New screenshots (click to enlarge):
The fheroes2 0.9.8 release highlights include:
- Fix many corner cases with object passabilities on World Map
- Fix Interface border rendering and World Map rendering for non-default resolutions
- Add The Succession Wars and The Price of Loyalty icons in the list of available maps
- Add cell highlighting for monsters with double-cell melee attack
- Improve AI interaction with Stone Liths, Pyramids and other heroes and castles
- Add a script to extract original game resources on Windows
- Over 60 bugs fixed since 0.9.7 release