Kathy Rain: Director's Cut is the definitive edition of the popular point and click mystery adventure from Clifftop Games and Raw Fury. It's out now and it comes with native Linux support.
Originally released in May 2016 where is gathered only a modest attention, but won over fans of the genre over time thanks to its compelling story, excellent voice acting, and clever puzzles. Kathy Rain eventually found its audience, achieving over 1.2 million users on Steam alone. The original wasn't supported on Linux but this expanded and improved edition of it is.
"Set in the ‘90s, Kathy Rain follows a strong-willed journalism major (Kathy) who returns to her small hometown of Conwell Springs following the death of her grandfather. But it isn’t long before questions surrounding her grandfather’s final days begin to arise, spurring Kathy into action as she seeks to uncover the dark secrets of the town she left behind. What are the people of Conwell Springs hiding? With limited technology, Kathy will have to use her wits alongside her notepad and trusty motorcycle to reveal this deeply personal mystery."
You can see the trailer on YouTube, which we cannot embed here as they've put an age gate on it.
- Extended storyline, including a more fleshed out and satisfying ending
- Multiple new areas to explore, with additional gameplay and puzzles
- 700+ new lines of dialogue performed by the original voice actors
- Widescreen 16:9 backgrounds
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack
- Different motorcycle skins to personalize Kathy’s motorcycle
- Full controller support
- No spoilers, but… DEATH SEQUENCES!
- Twice the number of Steam achievements
- Brazilian Portuguese translation, with additional languages to follow
- And more!