Originally released back in the '90s, Monster Bash HD is a fresh remaster from Apogee Entertainment and Emberheart Games and it's available for Linux. Continuing their work to upgrade games following Crystal Caves HD and Secret Agent HD, sounds like it won't be their last either.
One of the most challenging games of its time returns, with touch-ups like new environmental effects, smoother and improved gameplay, and support for modern resolutions. Preserving the classic while giving it a new life for new and old players alike.
"We’re learning a ton from today’s talented developers about how to bridge the gap between our past and present," said Scott Miller, Apogee founder and game industry pioneer of shareware, episodic releases, bullet time, and more. "It’s the perfect time of year to revisit Monster Bash and update the classic to scare a whole new generation, plus the seasoned gamers who’ve been with us since the beginning."
- Help Johnny rescue all the kidnapped pets by guiding him through all 3 original episodes in HD!
- Uncover hidden achievements in previously unknown areas of the game and be the first to earn all of the achievements!
- Try and keep your number one seat on the online leaderboards as players discover all the extra points that can be achieved throughout the game!
- Challenge your friends to beat your own haunted adventures using our built-in level editor from the Steam Workshop!
- New difficulty options, improved gameplay dynamics and cloud saves!
- And don't worry, we didn't touch the OST or any of the sound effects!