Sail Forth showed off its interesting colourful open-world sailing in previous demos but it seems the whole game has grown and needs just a bit more time. Originally due this year, the developer and publisher has announced a move to Summer 2022 to give it more time.
From the press release they said it's now "a full-blown oceanic adventure with tons of new content, quests, characters, and narrative". So we have to wait a bit longer but it sounds like it's going to be far more impressive.
A new trailer is live now too, watch it below:
More about it: "The open sea is calling... are you ready for an adventure that will unearth long-buried mysteries and change the world? Sail Forth takes you into a deep and beautiful planet full of mad scientists, menacing pirates, magical merpeople, and mystifying lighthouse keepers. Each distinct environment in the game introduces new allies to help you uncover more information about this strange blue planet, but in order to survive the dangers lurking on the high seas, you'll have to build up your fleet of ships and arm them with enough firepower to take down some big bad monsters. Giant crabs, ice golems, a kraken; these creatures may be hiding the secret to the biggest mystery unknown to the inhabitants of the Deepblue, if you're outfitted enough to face them."
- 30+ hours of gameplay spread across 7 unique worlds
- Intriguing and multifaceted narrative with different factions, side quests, and bosses
- Realistic sailing mechanics and an auto-sail option to suit different playstyles
- Procedurally generated oceanic world with a dynamic day-night and weather system
- Fishing, racing, photography, and more side quests and minigames
- Ambient and responsive soundtrack for full immersion
You can follow Sail Forth on Steam.