After a year in Early Access, the Oxygen Not Included - Spaced Out! expansion has now officially launched.
This is a pretty great looking expansion for a game that I already firmly loved, with Klei Entertainment really putting in the effort on this one to give players many reasons to go out and buy it. The idea of sending your little people off into the unknown to start another colony is great. If you were after the ability to build up a whole lot more, this is an essential purchase for ONI fans.
- New Multi-World Gameplay: manage multiple colonies simultaneously and switch between new planetoids in real-time!
- Expanded Rocketry: customize new modular rockets to explore the newly overhauled Starmap—new mid-game Rocketry options give your Duplicants an edge in the asteroid space-race!
- Radiation and Nuclear: harness the energy of new radioactive elements and ambient radiation to power nuclear machines!
- New Critters: get acquainted with some new fuzzy friends—if you’re nice, they might help you out around the colony!
- New Resources, Biomes, Tech and More: discover a whole new universe of unfamiliar biomes, valuable resources and freshly designed tech!
ONI is a game that makes me feel constantly stupid, I love it. The sense of wonder you get from the early hours in it is not matched by many other similar such building and management games.