Ready for some more testing? Valve has put up a brand new update for Portal 2 as they ready up for the Steam Deck. As one of their most popular titles, it's no surprise to see upgrades coming in.
ICYMI: Valve are also updating Half-Life 2.
Here's what's new:
- UI improvements for Steam Deck support
- Improved performance of controller polling
- Other general in-game performance improvements
- Fixed a misaligned stack pointer crash in Miles audio
- Fixed input action set selection when switching between game and Puzzle Maker
- Fixed some Squirrel engine exploits, reported via HackerOne
- Guard against maps with corrupt mark surfaces, caused by some external tools
- Update Steam SDK
- Updated to DXVK Native 1.9.2a
DXVK Native is what's used to translate Direct3D into Vulkan, it's a native port of the DXVK project that's used by Steam Play Proton. You can run Portal 2 with Vulkan by adding "-vulkan" as a Steam launch option for the game, as the game uses OpenGL by default on Linux. Hopefully this will help it perform well on the Steam Deck.
Check it out on Steam.