Are you a Sonic fan and love checking out fan games? What about a 3D game made with the Doom Legacy port of Doom? Sonic Robo Blast 2 is a quality addition to the collection that's quite unique. It's not just another 2D platformer like the classics, instead attempts to be a full 3D recreation.
You control movement with WASD and spacebar to jump, with camera being moved with either mouse or arrows. It's genuinely good and available free. As someone who grew up with Sonic, I appreciate this. Hopefully you will enjoy it too.
Here's what's new in version 2.2.10:
- The file limit has been massively increased. (The skin limit is still 32, though!)
- The tutorial has been redone for the new default controls.
- Many new additions to Lua, including bot features, an improved input library, easing functions and more.
- Blending modes for midtextures and FOFs.
- Multi-tagging and more convenient slope copying for non-UDMF maps.
- Generalized slopes for UDMF maps.
- The ability to load folders for easier addon development. No need to compile your resources into a PK3 until you’re ready to release your work!
- A couple of updated graphics, textures & sprites.
- Way too many bug fixes to list here.
You can download it for Linux from Flathub.