Apparently the "world's fastest desktop processor", Intel has today just announced the full details and expected availability of the Core i9 12900KS. Launching April 5, it will cost around $739 and will be available both as a standalone processor and bundled with full systems from OEMs.
What Intel detailed on it today:
- Up to 5.5 GHz max turbo frequency with Intel Thermal Velocity Boost.
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology for improved gaming performance by opportunistically allowing higher multi-core turbo frequencies.
- 16 cores (eight P-cores and eight E-cores), 24 threads, 150W processor base power, 30MB Intel Smart Cache, and PCIe Gen 5.0 and 4.0 support.
- Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s support.
- Chipset compatible with existing Z690 motherboards with latest BIOS recommended for the best gaming experience.
From the press release:
Intel continues to push the envelope for desktop gaming with the new 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900KS processor. Based on Intel’s 12th Gen performance hybrid architecture, this processor can hit 5.5 GHz on up to two cores for the first time, giving the most extreme gamers the ability to maximize performance.Marcus Kennedy, general manager of Gaming, Creator & Esports Segment at Intel