PolyMC is a fork of the popular MultiMC launcher for Minecraft, giving you an easy way to install and manage mods. This release also brings an essential feature needed on the Steam Deck. You might be familiar with PolyMC, as it was the launcher I featured in my Steam Deck guide, which now means you don't need to use the Beta version!
This new release brings with it bug fixes, a few feature changes and these additions:
- New option to close PolyMC after launch by @binex-dsk in #79
- Now detects Java from environment by @muscaln in #46
Open page & copy codebutton in MSA login dialog by @Scrumplex in #88
- Added StartupWMClass to .desktop file so DEs can behave by @danielhuang in #95
- Added PolyMC news by @dada513 in #151
- Added CurseForge and Modrinth mod downloader by @timoreo22 in #64 #129 #183 #205 #207 and @flowln in #193 #221
- New CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license for PolyMC logos and branding by @ZekeSmith in #149
- Added MSA-Client-ID override in UI by @Scrumplex in #161
- Added missing tooltip for instance export in #176
- Added MSA Client ID change detection and prompt by @Scrumplex in #180
- Added Matrix space link by @dada513 in #243
For the Steam Deck, you absolutely need that option to close PolyMC after launch, otherwise it will flicker between PolyMC and Minecraft in Gaming Mode.
Available to easily install on Flathub.