Valve has now put live some public changelogs and will be properly announcing when updates go out for the Steam Deck. You can follow along on their news hub, but we'll cover them all as usual.
An update has rolled out today, here's what's new and changed:
- Added patch notes to Settings > System when there’s a system update
- Added link to report bugs to the Quick Access Menu > Help tab
- Added default app icon in notifications for apps that don’t have an icon set
- Added ‘View more in the store’ at the end of store search results
- Added chat message option for revealing spoiler messages
- Added notification to claim Steam Deck rewards
- Added option to clear search bar when it has focus, but keyboard isn’t up
- No longer automatically clear search bar when navigating away from search page
- Improved handling of external browser windows from games and the store.
- Improved experience and bug fixes for offline mode
- Library now remembers which collection you were in in addition to tab when returning to the Library
- UI & Layout improvements for the Store, Game detail, Settings, and Download pages
This is nice to have, just like they do for the Steam client and everything else.
Quick tip: go see my new Steam Deck video on Ark Survival Evolved.
You can follow along for more using our Steam Deck Tag (has a dedicated RSS feed), our Steam Deck Forum Category and the Steam Deck Channel in Discord. Be sure to also follow us on Twitch as we will continue to do dedicated on-Deck livestreams.