Valve has released the latest small update for the Steam Deck to fix up a couple of nuisances, a few of which were definitely annoying me.
Here's what changed:
- Added fast scrolling to library views when holding up or down
- Updated 'Download updates while playing' toggle to include a warning that downloading while playing games can severely impact performance
- Updated UI text in various languages
- Fixed 'Digital' keyboard theme touch input issues
- Fixed Library sort order not saving when going away and coming back
- Fixed issues with popup windows, enabling payment methods that open popup windows
The Digital keyboard theme issue was quite annoying, since it's the one I currently use. I was wondering why touch input suddenly stopped working. Good to see Valve has fixed that now as it's much faster to using touch input typing than moving the thumbstick around.
As for the last mentioned fix, that was perhaps even more annoying. Some payment systems require extra authentication, which needed a pop-up browser window to load these checks which didn't work and was reported to Valve by me on March 2 (it's possible others notified them before). A very essential fix of course, they need people to be able to actually buy stuff on Deck.
Did you get your email in the latest reservation batch yesterday? Do let us know in the comments.
Hope they will improve on the keyboard. It's missing a lot of input in Deck mode and in Desktop mode it's just a horrible experience tbh. It also really could use some kind of dictionary, to speed up writing stuff. And, of course, a proper layout for my country.
Quoting: KROMDoes anybody know if there is an official channel to report issues with the Steam Deck somewhere?https://steamcommunity.com/app/1675200/discussions/1/
See more from me