The massive-scale space RTS AI War 2 has a new expansion out with AI War 2: The Neinzul Abyss, and it seems Arcen are now finished with the game and moving onto their next project.
Arcen say this expansion is bigger than some standalone games, and the game has lost the "Beta" status for multiplayer as it seems to all work fine now. On the game as a whole, they're not working full-time on it now and consider it pretty much done. However, they will be around watching over it to put out bug fixes whenever they're needed.
Their next title is already in progress, but it is not set in their existing "Arcenverse" of sci-fi games.
For AI War 2: The Neinzul Abyss, the expansion allows you to be a "Necromancer", giving you control over a mobile fleet that feasts on the living from other universes. Capture enemy guard posts, make skeletons and wights out of enemy ships.
There's also a bunch of new factions:
- Neinzul Sappers can be the ultimate ally... for you or your enemies
- Neinzul Elderlings are giant creatures you can unleash to roam around the galaxy, even without the necromancer
- Neinzul Custodians are fractured groups of Neinzul that have found their way to our galaxy that will show undying loyalty to any that accept them
- Neinzul Migrant Fleets constantly appear at random on the map, either opening up new holes in your enemies' defenses or aggravating them and leaving you to pick up the pieces
- Neinzul Wild Hives appear to be relatively peaceful if left alone, but their hives actively inhibit the abilities of any ships within their territory
Plus, free updates to 'The Spire Rises' Expansion
- New Ark Empire player type
- Spire-Insued Empire player type
- Modular Ships
- New Chromatic Horror faction
- Several new Spire Dyson Sphere factions
- Warheads and Interplanetary Weapons, related to the spire dyson sphere factions