Rhythm games come in all shapes and sizes, with Rhythm Doctor looking a lot more unique than some and not only does it have an Overwhelmingly Positive user score on Steam but it also got some big Steam Deck improvements.
In the latest update, the developer noted how they updated the game for "full button controls, testing the game on Steam Deck, and meeting all of Steam Deck’s requirements for running smoothly" and as a result of all their changes Valve has given it a Verified rating now for Steam Deck.
More about it:
Rhythm Doctor is a rhythm game in a world where defibrillating patients' hearts in sync with their heartbeats has healing properties. Slam your spacebar in perfect time on the 7th beat, and they might just come out okay. But beware - every patient has unique illnesses based on complex music theory: polyrhythms, hemiolas, irregular time signatures...if you don't know what they mean, don't worry. Rhythm Doctor is designed to make you learn music and rhythm theory without even realising it!
- 20+ handmade levels, each with their own story.
- Every level introduces a different concept of rhythm theory in an accessible way
- A large cast of doctors and patients feature in an overarching, character-centric storyline
- Play the story solo or grab a friend for drop-in drop-out local multiplayer throughout the whole campaign!
- Robust level editor to make, share, and play community levels! Use your own music, place notes snapped to the beat, and use 50+ different visual effects and backgrounds
- Challenging "Night Shift" versions of each level for the brave
Available to buy on Steam.