Path of Exile, the free to play ARPG from Grinding Gear Games, is getting close to releasing the Sentinel update and along with masses of gameplay additions — controller support will leave Beta.
With controller / gamepad support all hooked up fully, this should give a much better experience for players on the Steam Deck. Main controller changes include (full patch notes):
- Controller Support for Path of Exile is no longer in Beta.
- Added support for DualShock 4 Controllers.
- Added PvP Support for controllers.
- It is now possible to manually select a controller to use under the Input Options if there are multiple controllers connected.
- It is now possible to navigate to and select Private Leagues and Events in the Character Selection Menu with a controller.
- It is now possible to navigate and interact with the chat window when using a controller.
- Attempting to load an Item Filter when using a controller will now output success or failure messages to the chat window.
The update is due to launch on May 13, 2022 and I'll be sure to take a look at how it runs on both the Steam Deck and desktop Linux around the time.