Love city builders like the classic Sim City? You may want to keep a close eye on Cytopia, a free and open source retro pixel-art sim. It's still somewhat early on in development right now so it's not exactly fully playable but still worth a shout-out, I'll be keeping a close eye on it to follow along for you.
- Custom UI System, based on JSON. Highly moddable
- SDL2 based rendering engine written in C++
- Camera panning, zooming, relocating
- Terrain manipulation
- Procedural Terrain Generation
- Pixel-art graphics made by graphics team lead by Kingtut 101
- An original soundtrack, ambient noises, and sound effects made mostly by MB22
- A Qt based tile editor for editing TileData JSON files
- OpenGL Renderer
- Gameplay mechanics
- In-Game Mod downloading mechanism
- Android / iOS
- Scripting language for mods (like LUA)
Available under the GPL on GitHub.