Oaken, a brand new Early Access turn-based tactical roguelike from Laki Studios and Goblinz Publishing, just added an experimental Linux build ready for testing. The Linux build is not yet advertised on the Steam page but it's there and mentioned in their latest news post.
It only just went into Early Access on May 3rd too, so that was fast.
- Roguelike, hero-oriented campaign with deck management.
- A mystical world inhabited by spirits with celtic and tribal vibes.
- A randomly generated world map with tons of levels, bosses and events to be discovered.
- Unique, highly tactical battles on a hexagonal grid, where position and rotation is everything.
- Upgrade your spells and spirits the way you want.
- Easy to learn, hard to master - chill and challenge modes suitable for any player.
From the press release:
“The whimsical world of Oaken was heavily inspired by Celtic mythology, mixed with a child-like nostalgia from our favorite games growing up,” said Johann Verbroucht, founder and manager at Goblinz Publishing. “We hope players will enjoy the fable-like figurines and folklore-inspired soundtrack, and immerse themselves in the experience!”