Heroes of Might and Magic II game engine reimplementation, fheroes2, has another great new release out continuing to be the absolute best way to play this classic on modern platforms.
The developer emailed in to let us know about some big changes. Firstly, it's had a huge overhaul to the audio code. Not only will it properly resume audio from where it was stopped (like the original game), it will also now update the surrounding sounds on the map on every step on the hero. Plus fixes to some incorrect sounds and rocks in water with seagulls now have their own sound. On top of that, a 3D Audio feature was added for objects on the map to give it a whole new depth.
AI is now smarter (yes, again!) and even faster at calculations than before making the whole game feel smoother and play better.
New Feature Highlight:
- Introduce music resuming while switching tracks for MP3, FLAC and OGG music formats
- Add 3D audio option for objects on Adventure Map
- Fix all map lose / win conditions and make AI be aware of them
- Add Campaign High Scores
- Improve German, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian translations and add Belarusian, Spanish and Swedish translations
- Speed up AI by average 10%
- Fix rendering of Red Tower of Sorceress castle
- Rework "No interface" option
- Over 40 bugs are fixed since 0.9.15 release