First-person shooting and match-3 together? MATCHO sure does sound strange but it also looks like it could be tons of fun and it's coming to Linux.
"MATCHO is bringing puzzles into the combat. It‘s Match-3 FPS - a unique combination of genres that merges frenetic shooting with quick decision-making. Explore story-driven chapters as you choose destiny for Max, his friends, and the rest of the world. Fight in action-packed arenas like never before and explore intricate areas – all that with breathtaking visuals and an insane arsenal of abilities including the freedom of parkour movement."
- Intense and clever tactical fighting built around the match-3 shooter concept.
- Dazzling visuals powered by Unreal Engine.
- A non-linear, humor-packed plot with multiple endings.
- An extensive, built-in parkour system lets you wall-run, double-jump, float and dash in any direction.
- A modern take on clever puzzle design and platforming experience.
- Spectacular combo chains to execute and enjoy.
- A cast of colorful characters with full English voiceovers.
- Accessibility settings for colorblindness and difficulty curve adjustment.
I spoke to the developer over email, who confirmed their plans for Native Linux support. They'll be sharing more news on that and everything else closer to launch.
You can follow it on Steam.