Proton 7.0-3 is the latest stable version of the compatibility layer, that allows you to run Windows games on Steam Deck and Linux and it's out now. Here's what's new. Not to be confused with Proton Experimental, the special testing version you can try, which was also updated today.
This is the big one, with many more games now playable including:
- Age of Chivalry
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamer Edition
- Cities XXL
- Cladun X2
- Cursed Armor
- Flanarion Tactics
- Gary Grigsby's War in the East
- Gary Grigsby's War in the West
- Iragon: Prologue
- MechWarrior Online
- Small Radios Big Televisions
- Star Wars Episode I Racer
- Stranger of Sword City Revisited
- Succubus x Saint
- V Rising
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
- We Were Here Forever
DXVK the Direct3D 9 / 10 / 11 to Vulkan translation layer was updated to a newer version from Git, dxvk-nvapi the NVIDIA API implementation on top of DXVK was upgraded to version 0.5.4 and Wine Mono was updated to 7.3.0.
Lots of bug fixes too including:
- Fix Elden Ring crashing during prolonged gameplay.
- Fix the new Final Fantasy XIV Online launcher.
- Fix DEATHLOOP crashing after long system suspend.
- Fix The Turing Test crashing when starting Chapter 4.
- Fix controller support in Mini Ninja.
- Fix Resident Evil Revelations 2 not starting on the Steam Deck.
- Fix video playback in: Disintegration, Dread X Collection: The Hunt, EZ2ON REBOOT : R, El Hijo - A Wild West Tale, Ember Knights, Outward: Definitive Edition, POSTAL4: No Regerts, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Solasta: Crown of the Magister, Street Fighter V, The Room 4: Old Sins. Fix video playback in Ghostwire: Tokyo and other games using VP8 and VP9 codecs.
- Fix non-steering-wheel controller support in WRC10.
- Fix S&box not finding any games to join.
- Fix The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Kai failing to start for the first time.
- Fix Mortal Kombat Komplete crashing when audio devices with long names are present.
- Fix handling of external links in Castle Morihisa.
Plus there's now support for the Windows.Gaming.Input API, an improvement for Street Fighter V performance in online matches, improved performance for Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice performance in certain areas, improved text rendering in Rockstar Launcher, better steering wheel detection and support for xinput controller reordering on the Steam Deck.
Changelog can be seen here any time.
For updates, it will arrive in your Downloads in your Steam Library on Steam Deck and Linux and update like any other games and software downloaded from Steam.