FIREFIGHT RELOADED is a Half-Life 2 mod that gives you fast-paced horde-mode FPS gameplay with a ton of customizations and features inspired by other Source Engine mods.
Just recently on July 8th the developers put up a Native Linux version of the game that's ready for some more testing. It's not advertised on Steam just yet outside the announcement, as they continue work to improve it. One known issue is that the "Killfeed" doesn't show up properly, and they suggest not using the Flatpak version of Steam.
- Fast-paced gameplay similar to old school FPS games.
- Blends in gameplay elements inspired by other Source mods, like kicking, aiming down sights, bullettime and more.
- Players can customize almost everything about the game, from changing how enemy spawners work to how much speed the player walks at.
- Endless horde mode-style gameplay.
- Fight vicious enemies from the past, present and future such as Bullsquids, Houndeyes, Hunters, the Cremator and the Combine Female Assassin, along with new encounters such as the Combine Ace.
- A variety of weapons from a Crowbar to a OICW, along with the ability to add in up to 30 custom weapons.
- A in-game store that allows you to buy weapons, ammo, and supplies with in-game currency that you get by killing hordes of enemies.
- A brutal gore system that allows you to shred enemies with your Shotgun and RPG.
- A whole host of add-ons and custom content created by other players on the Steam Workshop.
- Free regular updates which add new content and features to the mod.
Play it free on Steam (as long as you own Half-Life 2).
Note: You need to opt into the "endgame-beta" to get access to the Linux version.