Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a gorgeous looking story-driven, action adventure that was exclusive to the Epic Store but the time is up and it's coming to Steam now. It's also been Steam Deck Verified ahead of release.
I'm liking this trend of seeing more and more games getting that verification before release, hopefully this will continue happening! The only issue this game has on Steam Deck according to the compatibility notes, is that you might need to manually switch the controllers around in the Deck UI if you use an external controller.
For the Steam release it comes with a big update that adds:
- New Game+: Begin a new adventure after completing the game, starting with all your abilities, upgrades, and Rot as you face new combat encounters, challenges and unique enemies.
- Spirit Guide Trials: Sharpen your skills and unlock rewards in The Trials, including: Wave Defenses, Obstacle Courses, and the chance to take on key boss-fights again and again.
- Outfits: Unlock brand new outfits for Kena to wear by mastering The Trials.
- Charmstones: Discover Charmstones that can be equipped to provide different advantages and disadvantages to customize your playstyle.
- Enhanced Photo Mode: Includes more fun poses, unique lighting setups, and even a moving camera feature!
It releases on Steam on September 27.