MangoHud is probably one of my favourite open source projects giving Linux gamers a fancy HUD to display various performance metrics in a nice overlay. Version 0.6.8 is out now!
It actually comes in two parts: there's MangoHud which is the generic overlay for most users, then there's MangoApp which is designed to be used directly with Gamescope (like on the Steam Deck). MangoHud can give you an FPS counter, frame timings, CPU and GPU temperature monitoring, battery remaining, RAM use, VRAM use and much more.
What does it look like? Well, any time you see the performance overlay in the corner on a Steam Deck, that's it in action. Something like this:
That's set on the highest output level.
Here's what's new in version 0.6.8:
- Bumped layer api version to 1.3.0
This fixes MangoHud not loading with latest DXVK
- Bumped meson to 0.60
- Only install data files if
include_docoption is set
- Allow use of system nlohmann_json dependency
- Added metainfo file
table_columnsnot working as expected
- Minor adjustments to hud elements and imgui
- Convert from
- Added StarCitizen_Launcher.exe and InsurgencyEAC.exe to blacklist
- Added FCAT support
- Generalize control over socket so it works with OpenGL as well
- AMDGPU: fixed gfx and cpu power metrics being parsed incorrectly
- Added man page
- Install MangoApp layer to libdir_mangohud
- Prevent resizing of the MangoApp window when using
This prevents the hud from flickering when number of digits increase or decrease
- Fixed issues caused by us not releasing the XAtom.
Namely preventing other apps from using the gamescope overlay and sometimes causing a black box to be drawn
- Disabled vulkan layer
It was not working properly so we disabled it until fixed as to not cause confusion.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
glad that gfx power for amd is fixed. it would incorrectly mismatch the video memory on the gpu.
Genuine question; what's MangoApp?
1 Likes, Who?
Quoting: FaalagornGenuine question; what's MangoApp?I answered that in the article, it's how it works directly with Gamescope.
Quoting: Liam DaweQuoting: FaalagornGenuine question; what's MangoApp?I answered that in the article, it's how it works directly with Gamescope.
I also don't get it. What's Gamescope then?
If only there was an ubuntu ppa with a 32bit version :)
Nice work though
Nice work though
See more from me