Enter the Panchaku is the latest big update to the rather great game Dead Cells, continuing to expand the game in a number of ways and tweak existing features. For those that don't know somehow — Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired action-platformer.
With this update they've added in:
- New Weapon: Panchaku - Two pans tied together by a string, the perfect DIY weapon to tear through the island!
- New Outfit: Bobby Outfit - A new outfit inspired by the Beheaded's design from the Dead Cells trailers, flaming head included.
- New crossover content with Soul Knight including the Magic Bow that fires 5 slowly-moving homing arrows, the Knight's Outfit and a new lore room.
- New Custom Mode Option: Legendaries Only - Turns all weapons found in the run into legendary ones.
- You can now pet your Pets when you are in transition areas, by holding interact next to them!
- Lots of weapon and Legendary balancing changes.
I must admit, when reading their announcement their NFT line almost had me. Cheeky. New gameplay trailer below too:
They also put a reminder about their new roadmap, which will see Dead Cells gain updates and new content for what looks like at least another year yet. So there's plenty more to come including a boss rush mode and many surprises they're not yet revealing to us.