GE-Proton (GloriousEggroll), the community maintained version of the Windows compatibility layer version 7-35 is out now and here's what's new. Well, technically it's two version as 7-34 went up first with the main additions and 7-35 was a quick extra hot-fix.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 fixed (again).
- Persona 4 Golden fixed (again) -- Thanks tgurr.
- GTA IV custom radio protonfix added -- Thanks xperia64.
- upstream WINE_HEAP_DELAY_FREE fix for CoD BO3 Multiplayer + zombies added.
- upstream LAA disable for Sword and Fairy 4 added.
- wine updated to latest bleeding edge.
- DXVK updated to latest git.
- vkd3d updated to latest git.
This is the version of Proton you can add in yourself, that makes some games work better than the official Valve Proton due to pulling in fixes quicker before they've had wider testing (plus some things Valve can't legally do like video codec stuff).
How to use it? You can simply use the ProtonUp-Qt tool that we've covered here numerous times now. See the previous GOL Guide on GE-Proton with ProtonUp.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
See more from me