Another month has finished and the Steam Hardware & Software Survey has been refreshed. It shows once again that the Linux user share has risen.
Our Steam Tracker has been updated as usual but here's the chart to save you a click:
When you go to the Linux details page, these are the most popular distributions:
- SteamOS Holo 64 bit 13.69% +6.09%
- Arch Linux 64 bit 10.89% -2.98%
- "Manjaro Linux" 64 bit 8.93% -2.47%
- Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS 64 bit 8.20% +8.20%
- Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS 64 bit 7.06% -2.22%
- Linux Mint 20.3 64 bit 4.54% -1.75%
- Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS 64 bit 4.46% -0.44%
- Flatpak runtime 64 bit 4.34% +4.34%
- Other 37.89% +6.29%
It's probably no surprise then that the most popular GPU currently being used on Linux is the Steam Deck too. The Steam Deck GPU accounts for 13.72% of Linux gamers on Steam, with the next most popular being the AMD Radeon RX 480 at 4.81%.
Clearly, the Steam Deck and SteamOS are taking over Linux Gaming and rather quickly too. Interestingly, if you filter to Windows, the Steam Deck GPU doesn't even show up so it's likely overall only a tiny amount of people are actually using Windows on it.