Love your classic racing games with low-poly visuals? Keep an eye on Formula Retro Racing - World Tour which releases next year and has a demo available along with Native Linux support.
"A retro racer updated for the modern age, Formula Retro Racing: World Tour fuses the pick-up-and-play simplicity of 90s-style arcade racing with realistic physics, split-screen multiplayer, and 60fps performance. Building on the success of the original retro racing hit, Formula Retro Racing: World Tour introduces new tracks and car types for an additional level of depth. You'll race through iconic global locations, compete against other drivers, and try to beat your own lap times. Do you have what it takes to master each racing line, hug every apex, and cross the checkered flag to victory?"
- A new generation of arcade racing - Everything you know and love about arcade racing is here, including countdown timers, packed racing fields and epic crashes. A responsive handling engine brings modern racing sensibilities and adds an element of realism to every moment on the track.
- Low poly visuals for the modern age - Fans of 90s racers will feel right at home in Formula Retro Racing: World Tour thanks to low-poly visuals - updated with 4k resolution and a crisp 60fps performance speed.
- Vehicle types - Race in a number of exciting new vehicle types, including high-performance race cars and muscle cars that can drift through corners. Each car handles uniquely, making each track feel different. It’s up to you to find the best lines and breaking points for each vehicle.
- Iconic locations - Race through iconic locations like London and New York and zoom past recognisable landmarks from across the world.
- Destructible cars - Discover the consequences of pushing your car too far with realistic crash physics that tear your vehicle apart piece by piece.
- Split-screen multiplayer & leader boards - Gather your friends around the sofa and go head-to-head in four-player split-screen. See who’s got the fastest line, or simply try to crash each other out. Compete with other players online through the best lap and race time leader boards.
We don't actually get too many quality racers like this. Only really Horizon Chase Turbo jumps out from recent memory, as a properly good one. Nice to see more!
Follow it and try the demo on Steam.