Find the new official Steam Deck Docking Station too expensive? Perhaps you might like to take another look at JSAUX, as they've announced another upgraded Docking Station.
Blimey, they need to slow down a bit. I already have their previous normal Docking Stations, which I reviewed and found to be excellent. Plus, I have the Docking Station with an M.2 SSD slot here ready to review (delayed due to sickness on my end).
Now they've launched the Docking Station "HB0702", which brings with it DisplayPort 1.2 so it can more directly compete with Valve.
- 7-in-1 Docking Station for Steam Deck. Equipped with an HDMI [email protected] output, a Gigabit LAN Ethernet input, a USB-C port for charging, three USB-A 3.1 ports, and a DP port, letting you explore a new way to play with Steam Deck.
- It comes with a [email protected] / [email protected] HDMI 2.0 output When it's connected to an external 4K monitor, it provides a sharper and smoother visual experience, so you can enjoy the visual feast on your games.
- Full charging speed for your Steam Deck. The JSAUX Steam Deck docking station supports 100W max. power delivery, which is enough power to charge your Steam Deck at full speed (45W) when paired with the original charger.
- The JSAUX all-in-1 Steam Deck docking station blends hub and stands together perfectly, so you can keep your desktop neat and organized.
- Support DP1.2, simultaneous connection of HDMI and DP port, two monitors can output [email protected] at the same time, expand the screen and enjoy the ultimate gaming experience.
The main difference here is the DisplayPort 1.2 addition and an extra $10 to the order price making it $59.99 (no charger included). You can order it direct but they also told me to expect it on Amazon in early to mid November like their previous dock.
I've been told one is being sent over to GOL for me to take a look.
that aside, this product doesnt look bad if you can get past it needing windows to be the best linux peripheral it can be, but DP 1.2 eh its hard to get excited about that when the steam dock has 1.4 which is way better. Plus the longer shipping time. I ordered my valve dock the day it launched and it'll be here tomorrow. so yeah if i ordered this jsaux dock today it would be longer shipping too. :/
docks get firmware updates all the time. heck even the jsaux dock has gotten at least one(which you NEED to use windows to install) to make it work with lg tvs. my dell dock at work has had some to resolve usb 3.2x2 issues.
Quoting: Zer0Cooldocks get firmware updates all the time.I don't doubt it. I just feel like when not just the computers, not just the screens and other peripherals, but the wires connecting them need firmware updates, it gives me doubts about the direction our technology is going, you know?
See more from me