Probably one of the most popular games of its kind on Steam, the co-op escape room puzzler Escape Simulator recently had a nice update.
In a recent Steam post going over stats and plans, they noted they've seen over 1.4 million people try it out on Steam which is impressive. Plus, a Wild West DLC was announced that will release in December adding in 4 new official rooms, 4 new music tracks and new outlaw and sheriff outfits.
As for the recent free update it added in a free Graveyard room, which they added for Halloween and it came with a special soundtrack too and a new outfit. On top of that they said the update has "600 fixes and quality-of-life improvements for the game".
Have to say, their design in this game is pretty great and the Graveyard felt suitably spooky, although a little over the top with the fog perhaps. They also said they have a few more rooms to add still yet so that should be fun to see, as usually you get all the items to play with in the Room Editor too.
Some of the additions includes:
- Brand new haunted room: Graveyard.
- You have the option to be a ghost in multiplayer levels!Rooms fixes:
- 70's Room: Fixed polaroid flash.
- The Engine Room: Fixed using fire extinguisher with a controller.
- The Top: a rotating object should feel better in singleplayer and multiplayer.
- The Elevator: there is a reset button for the circular puzzle in case you get stuck.Lua:
- Better error handling, the log will show on what line the error occurred
- Added support for Slidables in Lua
Lua fixed can't enter negative indexes for locksRoom Editor:
- Introducing the all new prop behaviour ✨The Slidable✨
- Added button to fix workshop item id in the publish room menu
- Controller slot interaction should work better
- Pickables now work on zoomables
- Fixed crashing on copy/duplicate and undo
- Unlock input on locks should now work for continuous and fixed locks
- Fixed importing a display prop with textures breaks the room
- Only the display logic prop needs the transparent order offset checkmark
- Custom models material fixes
- Fixed laser effect rendering on screen
- Sounds shouldn't continue on loading next episode
- Fixed finish screen exit room buttons
- Keypad prop reset button fixedOther features & fixes:
- There is a new news section. It will display important updates to the game.
- Better controller handling.
- Better controller slot interaction.
- Voice chat is now much more reliable.
- Proximity chat is now working properly.
- Fixed a bug where removing an item from inventory could crash the game.
- Fixed placement of the held item on all camera FOVs.
- filtered chat messages are no longer just ignored
- Item can no longer be pinned during animation.
- There are avatars in UI showing who is speaking in voice chat.
- Sliders have been improved across the game. They should feel better in singleplayer and are synced better in multiplayer.
- 617 commits of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements!
See more from me