Easily one of the best open source games around, Mindustry from AnukenDev just had a MASSIVE new release out that took quite some time to make. This update was in development for over a year!
It's like a mixture of Factorio with an RTS and Tower Defense blended in together, it's really quite something.
Some of what's new in 7.0 includes:
- A whole new campaign that includes a new planet, with its own tech tree and 100+ new blocks to research.
- 15 new units to research and construct.
- A new class of tank units.
- A new variant of insectoid walkers.
- Hovercraft units with unique weapons and abilities.
- Various new forms of factory transportation.
- Units can now be selected and commanded to positions or enemy targets, similarly to other RTS games.
Considering how long it took, the developer mentioned they've burned-out a bit and so they will be taking a break from any feature updates for a couple of months but they will do smaller maintenance releases during this time to fix up issues as they appear.