A big release of the Transport Tycoon Deluxe inspired game OpenTTD is upcoming, with a second Beta available now with some great new features like variable interface scaling. While based on TTD, OpenTTD had a wide array of improvements including bigger maps, better multiplayer, dedicated servers, better AI and so much more.
New feature highlight since beta1 include:
- Variable interface scaling at whatever size you want (not just 2x and 4x), with optional chunky bevels for that retro feel.
- Multi-track level crossings to keep road vehicles from stopping in the middle of the crossing.
- A new Generate World menu which now includes NewGRF, AI, and Game Script configuration menus.
- Cargo filters for vehicle lists (such as at stations) to allow better visualization of traffic.
- Optional cargo names above vehicles in vehicle lists, to show at a glance what they carry.
- The ability to clone or share orders with vehicles grouped by shared orders.
- An improved local authority action window which now shows you actions you can’t afford, instead of hiding them.
In addition, some new tools are available to AI and Game Script authors:
- Scriptable league tables which can replace the default scoring system.
- AI and Game Scripts can now be modified in Scenario Editor for existing scenarios (although not savegames).