Valve has put up another Beta update for the Steam client on Desktop and Steam Deck with plenty of fixes. Here's all the details.
- Fixed background images on a collection on the app details page not being clipped correctly.
- Fixed issue where the Remove Collection dialog was not appearing.
- Added icons for VR support or Mouse & KB only support to app portraits.
New Big Picture Mode
- Detect focus shifting away from the BPM window faster and reduce instances of navigation going to BPM after starting a game.
- Fixed Steam mini window not closing when entering Big Picture Mode.
- Fixed problem where setting certain library filters in Big Picture Mode could cause those games to become hidden. when switching back to desktop.
- Handle errors better and fix some cases where configs would no longer load.
- On larger screens combine the keyboard and numpad tabs of the choose binding screen.
- Fixed some cases where some languages could have text overflow in choose binding screen.
- Remember the last active tab in the choose binding screen and open to that instead always using the tab w/ the current binding value.
This one is Steam Deck Specific:
- Fixed non-Steam apps becoming unresponsive to gamepad when onscreen keyboard is opened.
This on is Desktop specific:
- Fixed Big Picture window being incorrect size when moving it to a different display with win+shift+arrow key.
Here we go again though: Valve noting details for Steam Deck on things just don't exist. I've pointed this out a few times like with the gamepad icon, and new controller settings in previous Betas that aren't on Steam Deck and they're doing it again now. The mouse / keyboard and VR icons they noted in both patch notes do not exist on Steam Deck. I really don't get why they're not checking these before publishing as it's confusing to users. I've notified them across multiple places and they just don't see to be getting the message. I seem to be the only one checking these things…
On desktop Big Picture Mode see the example with Half-Life: Alyx and Trombone Champ having the new icons:
The problem on Steam Deck is that where they're putting these icons is where the Deck Verified status is, and it wouldn't exactly make sense for the Steam Deck to even have a gamepad, keyboard / mouse or VR icon either as the Deck Verified status covers that. So it's a bit odd they keep detailing it in the Steam Deck patch notes. The new controller options still missing for idle time and turning off when exiting big picture mode is just odd though.