CryoUtilities has a big new 2.0 release out now, with plenty of tweaks to help you get the most out of your Steam Deck. Previously it simply offered some Swap sizing tweaks but now it can do more, and makes it easier than ever to use.
I'm hoping that Valve are at least investigating some of these changes, since they can often boost game performance. In fact, some of these tweaks are absolutely essential to stop certain games just hard-crashing and rebooting the Steam Deck like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn (amongst others — although not everyone encounters the issue).
Screenshots, click to enlarge:
Features now available with the 2.0 release includes:
- One-click set-to-recommended settings.
- One-click revert-to-stock settings.
- Swap Tuner.
- Swap File Resizer.
- Swappiness Changer.
- Memory Parameter Tuning.
- HugePages Toggle.
- Compaction Proactiveness Changer.
- HugePage Defragmentation Toggle.
- Page Lock Unfairness Changer.
- Shared Memory (shmem) Toggle.
- Storage Manager.
- Sync shadercache and compatdata to the same location the game is installed.
- Delete shadercache and compatdata for whichever games you select.
- Full CLI mode.
See their full video below where they explain the changes and show some benchmark comparisons:
Have you used it? What is your experience with it? I think I'm going to look into testing it out and seeing if it can boost a few problematic games soon.
Check it out on the GitHub.