OBS Studio 29.0.1 is out now and a worthwhile upgrade for any of you doing video content on Linux, as it fixes many problems from the previous release.
Here's some Linux specific problems that were solved:
- Fixed a bug where overriding the theme on Linux could cause the program not to start up.
- Fixed software rendering not working properly on Linux.
- Fixed a bug where Linux captures would not work correctly on X11.
- Fixed a crash on Linux when using Wayland and trying to use the automatic scene switcher.
The rest of the fixes are:
- Fixed the "NVIDIA AUDIO Effects SDK is outdated" message appearing on the noise reduction filter properties when the SDK wasn't installed.
- Fixed a crash that could happen if you use NVIDIA's audio effect filters and then later uninstall the SDK.
- Fixed the expander and upward compressor audio filters sounding distorted.
- Added "Knee Width" option to the upward compressor audio filter to improve quality.
- Fixed a bug where the Stats window/panel would show an incorrect disk space calculation when pausing recordings.
- Fixed a bug on Windows where the "Force SDR" setting in window capture wasn't showing up.
- Fixed a bug on macOS where the virtual camera would show up red.
- Fixed a bug where alpha wouldn't output properly when setting OBS to use BGRA color format.
- Fixed a crash on startup when OBS was minimized.
- Fixed a bug where projectors could look washed out when projecting SDR content while using an HDR display.
- Fixed a bug on Windows where secondary displays could sometimes not show up in the display capture properties.
- Fixed a crash when using the virtual camera as an OBS source and changing the canvas resolution.
- Fixed a bug on macOS where the properties window would go behind the main window after opening a file selection dialog.
- Fixed a bug where profile encoder settings would not properly update when switching between services that require a different encoder.
- Fixed a bug in custom ffmpeg output mode where RTMP would force certain encoders.
Are there any particular issues you're wanting to see solved? It seems the recent 29.0.0 release at least solved my audio sometimes being completely broken on recordings from USB capture so that's been a big improvement for me.