I don't play many visual novels (mostly a whole zero) but I do love when games sprinkle it in with other things like the sports management game Roller Drama. The game is certainly inspired and looks a lot like Roller Derby but it's not a simulator of it, and the actual gameplay is quite different according to the developer.
Set in a dystopian alternative world "where things are going… slightly worse than they are here", you watch as personal dramas rage on, manage matches and players and much more.
- Interactive narrative with meaningful choices (almost 100!) and multiple endings.
- Vivid, explorable universe.
- Replayable narrative and matches: every championship is unique, several different endings.
- Replay a specific chapter.
- Real-time roller derby matches.
- Coach a team of five athletes with wildly different personalities.
- Hand drawn character art by award winning illustrator Vic Macioci.
- Play with controller or mouse + keyboard.
- Cloud saves.
Available with Native Linux support on Steam.
While it is not yet Steam Deck Verified, the developer worked to ensure it plays well.