Steam Deck and Steam desktop both got a fresh Beta release, with plenty of bug fixing involved and Valve are dropping support for older versions of Windows.
The changelog as expected, continues being basically the same across both, now Valve has merged the Steam Deck UI into the Desktop client, with only one changed being specific to the Steam Deck and there's no noted Linux desktop specific changes this time around.
Here's what's changed:
- Added "End of Life" alert for Windows 7/8/8.1. Steam Client support for these operating systems will end on Jan 1st, 2024 at 10am. See here for additional details.
- Display an error if the user is trying to log in anonymously in the client. This mode is only supported for steamcmd.
- Uninstalling a game no longer displays a modal dialog
- Fixed "Manage Storage" button opening the storage settings page
- Fix soundtrack cover art not appearing in content management panel
- Fixed popup menus opening at the wrong DPI in multi-monitor mixed-DPI configurations.
Big Picture Mode
- Removed support for -oldbigpicture command-line option
- Fixed some styling issues in the Quick Access Menu > Friends List
- Fixed some issues with notification toasts appearing in the wrong location in multi-monitor setups or with different DPI settings
- Apply text filtering preferences in Guides in the Overlay
- Removed soundtracks from All Collections since it has its own tab
- Fixed an issue where two settings pages could be visible at once
- Fixed the switching of monitors when going in/out of BPM at start up
- Fixed overflowing friends list when sharing a screenshot
- Expand the hitbox of buttons in the footer to make them easier to click
- Fixed issue where a game's specific uninstall UI was not visible
- Increase responsiveness of the "Joystick Deadzone" visualization
- Gyro As Joystick can now optionally output to Left Joystick
- Fixed Gyro's Left/Right Stick Deflection Modifier not working
- Fixed Modeshift bindings not being removable when viewing the command on the input
- Fix Steam Overlay crash in some games using Metal graphics API