Another fresh tasty release of GE-Proton is now available, two actually were released in the last day so here's what's new as of GE-Proton 7-53 for Steam Deck and Linux desktop gaming. GE-Proton is built and maintained by the community, it is not affiliated with Valve and the official Proton. See my full Proton guide for more.
Here's what's changed:
- Diablo IV proper fix from proton upstream added.
- Halo Infinite fix/patches from proton upstream added/updated.
- protonfix for Outlaws + A Handful of Missions (thanks Stereophonick).
- protonfix for Underdog Detective (thanks Neodamode).
- dxvk updated to git.
- vkd3d-protonupdated to git.
- wine updated to bleeding edge.
- *Star Citizen specific EAC patch.
*Star Citizen needs other adjustments too including:
Before running Star Citizen
(1) You must set
SteamGameId=starcitizenenvironment variable to trigger the EAC workaround
(2) this script should be run to remove existing EAC files:
if [ -d \"$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/Roaming/EasyAntiCheat\" ]; then rm -rf \"$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/Roaming/EasyAntiCheat\"; fi
See more on the GitHub releases page.
Here's an example guide on installing GE-Proton:
Text Guide to install GE-Proton:
- Load ProtonUp-Qt.
- Make sure it's set to Steam at the top and select to install GE-Proton.
- Reload Steam to update the compatibility layer list.
- In Steam:
- Desktop: right click a game and go to Properties.
- Steam Deck: find the game in your library, go to the little COG on the right and then select Properties.
- Compatibility menu -> Tick the box, select GE-Proton from the drop-down