Up for a challenge? Marble-rolling platformer Marble It Up! just recently gained Native Linux support in a Beta.
Announced by game porter and FNA developer Ethan Lee on Twitter, you'll need to force the Steam Linux Runtime on Steam Deck to get it to download after opting into the Beta. On Desktop Linux, just installing it with the Beta selected should be fine.
Developed by the minds behind the Marble Blast series, if any of you are familiar with that.
- The Chapters - Experience the pure joy of rolling in 60 levels filled to the brim with dangerous obstacles, mind-bending paths, brand new hazards, shifting gravity, and flexible power ups - all while taking in the beautifully intricate, geometric visuals!
- The Collectibles - Over 100 unique marbles are just waiting to be collected! Complete chapters, earn medals, find hidden trophies, and play Weekly Challenges to grow your magnificent marble collection! Play for keeps!
- The Challenges - All new game mode: Weekly Challenges. Every week, we break our own rules on a select set of maps. Low gravity? Double jump? No powerups? How about all three? Compete each week for rewards!
- The Chase - Global and friends leaderboards, replays, ghost races, and a rewindable practice mode? Say hello to all the tools you’ll ever need to become the best player in the world and top your friends list!
- The Community - The Steam Workshop is overflowing with fantastic user-made maps from our talented, passionate, and dedicated community! Over 200 levels are roll-ready and available with a few simple clicks!
Currently noted as Unsupported by Valve on Steam Deck, perhaps this work in the upcoming update and Native Linux port will help bring it up to Verified.
Marble It Up! is available on Steam.