Bits & Bops looks sweet! A fun collection of rhythm mini-games, and the developer has upgraded the demo to include Linux support for this upcoming game.
In the update announcement they said: "This release brings the custom engine to Linux! We've tested it for you on the Steam Deck and built in some tailored settings for the best experience straight out of the box. If you're on Linux and you were previously running the Windows build, you may need to manually disable Proton to get the native Linux build (check your compatibility settings)."
It was crowdfunded on Kickstarter, where the developer pulled in AU$ 173,833 towards development. Linux support was not a sure thing, as back then they initially mentioned it would be tricky to do with their custom game engine but it seems they managed to do it anyway — nice!
- Over 20 unique rhythm mini-games to entertain and challenge you.
- Super fun gameplay with simple controls that anyone can learn.
- Catchy, upbeat original tunes sure to have you bopping along.
- Gorgeous hand-drawn 2D animation that brings everything to life.
- A custom game engine with lightning fast response times.
- An adorable dog-bear named Bop to keep you company.