Another fresh Beta is available for both the Steam Deck and Steam Desktop with plenty of bugs being fixed as usual.
This time around Valve seems to be directly adding and splitting what's specific to the Steam Deck in the main Steam Desktop Beta changelog too making it a bit easier for people (since the majority of changes are the same between them). Here's all the changes:
- Fixed shortcuts regression in this beta when users or 3rd party utilities add command line parameters to the shortcut exe path.
- Fixed crash in the games list when downloading a game.
Big Picture Mode
- Game invites in the Quick Access Menu will now default to opening a context menu to accept the invite rather than navigating to the chat tab and having to hit "Accept" there.
- Fixed crash when in a voice chat.
- Fixed crash when authorizing a microtransaction purchase in the overlay.
- Fixed the Play button stealing focus when a game is launching.
- Fixed "Find games to play with friends" not working in Big Picture Mode.
- Fixed Logitech F310 controller input on macOS and Linux.
- Added mapping for DualSense Edge Wireless Controller on Linux (note that advanced feature support require Steam to be able to access the /dev/hidraw* devices).
- Move advanced HDR options to Developer Settings.
- Streamable games are now included in the "Ready to play" game filter, though the default action is still to install them locally.
Currently there's still no fixes for the performance of Steam Big Picture Mode on Linux with NVIDIA, it still performs really badly. There was also a Proton Hotfix update released ~12 hours ago, but currently Valve aren't giving out a changelog for that.