Want to play the classic Heroes of Might and Magic II on modern platforms, with plenty of enhancements? Well the fheroes2 just keeps getting better - now with widescreen support.
The project has been going for a while now, covered here on GamingOnLinux a few times. Another great FOSS project that revives a classic game but with significant improvements from gameplay to graphics, AI upgrades, UI improvements and so on.
The latest release from May 13th adds (changelog):
- Add widescreen resolutions support and update scaled resolution support
- Add Polish and Russian languages support for Virtual Keyboard
- Add missing post-victory map ratings
- Improve AI logic towards collection of needed resources for kingdom and interaction with several Adventure map objects
- Fix multiple logical and rendering issues during battles
- Over 40 bugs are fixed since 1.0.3 release