The team working on the Nintendo Switch emulator yuzu have released some Early Access upgrades, this time around for the Steam Deck. With their Early Access updates, these are available to people who support development on Patreon before rolling out to all users in their main public releases.
From the Early Access 3604 release notes via their Discord:
- Tweaked garbage collector to be more aggressive in favour of steam deck.
- Automatically detect system timezone.
- Yuzu now automatically sets the system timezone based on the desktop operating system clock.
- Limit device access memory for integrated devices to 4 GB.
- Prevent vram usage from filling up in integrated devices like steam deck.
Great to see developers improve things on my favourite Linux-powered handheld.
Have you been doing much emulation on Steam Deck or desktop Linux? Let me know in the comments how you've found the experience to be. I don't do much at all myself.