Half-Life Alyx NoVR is really coming together and a fresh update is out now to make the experience even better for those without a VR kit. I will say that it's still one of my favourite experiences ever in gaming with the Valve Index, but given how Half-Life is a much loved series, more people deserve to be able to play it. These modders are a dedicated bunch that's for sure!
To go along with the update they also released some new trailers:
What's in the latest update:
- Added Alyx's pockets (not available on Steam Deck yet).
- Improved collision in various levels so players cannot skip areas.
- Unsupported mods no longer crash the game when going back to the main menu.
- Added new supported mods.
- Improved viewmodel sway and bob.
- Improved interactions throughout all levels.
- Easier to use ladders.
- Crash fixes.
- Steam Deck stability improvements.
- And more!
They're also now providing a dedicated version for the Steam Deck, although that will potentially not be needed once they add support on Steam Deck for everything. From what I tested in a previous build on Steam Deck it was very promising and desktop too - so I can't wait to see this finished.
For the mod support it now works with Levitation, Extra-Ordinary Value, Resident Evil Alyx: Biohazard, Goldeneye Alyx - 007 - Dam, Belomorskaya Station, Overcharge and Red Dust.