Making it easier than ever to grab all your games, the Heroic Games Launcher version 2.9.0 is out now and this brings with it Amazon Games support.
If you have Amazon Prime, you get a bunch of games each month to claim through Prime Gaming and no doubt some of you have built up quite a collection right? Now you can just grab them on Linux desktop and Steam Deck with Heroic! Also syncing up playtime tracking for GOG games is nice touch too.
Additionally, more streaming services should now work when added into Heroic as they've added support for DRM in browser apps. Although, it's limited on Linux, since we only get a certain level of stuff like Widevine which the Heroic team don't control.
Here's all the main changes:
- Amazon Games Support
- GPTK support
- DRM support for browser apps
- ProtonDB & Steam Deck compatibility on game page
- Playtime tracking for GOG
- Possibility to disable log files
- Installing older DXVK on older hardware
- Epic Games accounts will no longer get logged out when launching Heroic sometimes
- GOG games will now remember their install path correctly
- GOG "Goodies" will now redirect users to their GOG account
- Checking "Download games without HTTPS" in the advanced settings works again
- Popover ("Help") menus in the settings now correctly open
- "Report a problem running this game" instructions were updated
- Linux: Using the Steam Runtime inside Flatpak now works
- macOS: Users will no longer get error messages when launching Epic Games Store games without having CrossOver installed