Kentucky Route Zero: PC Edition has seen it's first major update since the release of Act V in 2020, and now it should be a better experience on the Steam Deck.
While it already has Native Linux support and it's Steam Deck Verified, they clearly weren't satisfied with it. So they went back and overhauled the user interface in the new "Modern" mode. There's also new and improved language support, plus lots of bug fixes.
This new Modern interface is supposed to be "more flexible and readable on a wider variety of devices, including tablets and the Steam Deck". The original interface is still around if you want it but they tweaked that too. They said another final update is planned to come in future to add in "line rendering improvements for high resolutions, and full multi-touch input on the Steam Deck" - so it's going to get even sweeter.
- Switch freely between "Modern," "Classic," and "Retro" modes.
- New translations: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Polish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
- A new Japanese translation.
- Steam Cloud sync.
- Zoom in on details in the scene by holding the right mouse button or gamepad trigger, or pinching the screen.
- Improved touchscreen support makes the game 100% hot dog compatible.