Necesse is a very interesting genre-blending game that mixes in colony-building, adventuring, sandbox survival and a whole lot more. With the latest free update, it's also become a lot bigger. Currently in Early Access it has gained quite a following too with a Very Positive user review score so clearly they're onto something good here.
The major update just landed adding in the first iteration of their end-game system where you defeat a powerful wizard, giving access to new mission types and biomes. Solo adventurers can now invite NPC settlers to join their party and explore with, there's ten new music tracks and various magical weapons and gear have been overhauled.
Other features of the update include:
- A new Miner settler that can go on mining trips that’ll make acquiring precious ores easier
- A Cartographer Table for sharing maps with other players
- Better island generation with more natural formations
- New buffs for settlers from food
- And more balancing and quality-of-life tweaks
Check out the new trailer:
It has Native Linux support and it is Steam Deck Verified!
Necesse has been localized from English into German, French, Spanish (Spain), Czech, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (Latin America), Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.