Gaijin Entertainment have teased the next big update for War Thunder, named Sons of Attila and they continue to work through their roadmap to improve other parts of the game. War Thunder has Native Linux support and it is Steam Deck Verified.
First up, here's the teaser for Sons of Attila:
Also, I really do love seeing that Linux tux icon in their trailers, they're one of the few who do it and they've supported Linux long-term and it continues to run well.
The developers also recently blogged that they're making some changes to aircraft unlock costs and research point requirements, making them actually easier and slightly less of a grind. So in future you can expect to see reductions for:
- The amount of Research Points required to research vehicles.
- The amount of Research Points required to research modifications of vehicles.
- The Silver Lion cost for purchasing vehicles.
- The Silver Lion cost for crewing vehicles.
- The Silver Lion cost for purchasing an Expert Crew.
- The Silver Lion cost for purchasing modifications.
Plus, they're tweaking the purchase cost on a "wide range" of most vehicles in all ranks across aircraft, ground vehicles and naval forces to reduce them. This includes a reduction in cost for crewing vehicles, purchasing Expert Crews, as well as vehicle modifications.
In other War Thunder news, once again someone recently leaked restricted military information on the War Thunder forum. Not quite as bad as previous times though, this one seems to only be restricted in certain countries.
Play free on Steam.