Two bits of Wine news for this weekend with the development release Wine 8.15 now available, and more work for Wine Wayland is incoming too.
For Wine 8.15 the highlights are:
- Support for TEXT print processor.
- Cycle Collection support in MSHTML.
- Cross-process memory notifications in Wow64.
- Various bug fixes.
There's some bug fixes for TrackMania Nations Forever, Chessbase 11, Forza Horizon 4, The Legend of Sisyphus, TranscendPang, Colin McRae Rally 2.0 and more.
On top of that the ongoing work to have fully native Wayland support for Wine continues, with part 6 now sent as a merge request to handle wl_pointer (mouse) events. This means it adds support for:
- Handle enter/leave/(absolute) motion/button/axis events to allow users to interact with applications using such devices, e.g., a mouse.
- Update the cursor image used for Wayland surfaces based on the Windows cursor bitmap data.