The next Ubuntu Summit is approaching on November 3rd - 5th in Riga, Latvia and this year there's a good few interesting Linux gaming talks that you might want to keep an eye on.
Here's some of the talks going on:
- Linux Gaming beyond Steam: Building native support for GOG, Epic, and more - Dennis Sädtler (Legendary / OBS Project) + Paweł Lidwin (Heroic Games Launcher).
- Feature detection for games, letting machines figure out system requirements - Mathieu Comandon (Lutris).
- How Steam Play/Proton makes Gaming on Linux awesome - Thomas Crider (Proton-GE, Nobara, Red Hat, Lutris).
- Snapshot in time: leveraging Snap and Flatpak to preserve our software legacy - Mathieu Comandon (Lutris).
- Proton - Up and Down The Stream - Arkadiusz Hiler (CodeWeavers).
- The Many APIs Of Gaming On Proton - Arkadiusz Hiler (CodeWeavers).
- You Ship, We Ship: Developing Open Source Culture - Leo McElroy (Hack Club) - mentions a build it yourself handheld gaming console.
At least some of the event will be available on YouTube streamed via the Ubuntu OnAir channel.
I was actually invited to attend this year, but sadly cross-country travel for me is a no. So hopefully they will have all of the talks up to watch easily once the event is over.