Brotato is a great game, absolutely one of my favourites, it's also one of the most played Steam Deck games and the good news is that it's set to expand! It is Steam Deck Verified by Valve and Platinum on ProtonDB.
One of the best bullet hell / bullet heaven games around and the developer just released a new update fixing up a bunch of issues. However, they put the most exciting news at the top of the post confirming "Regarding the future of Brotato: New content will be coming to the game in the form of DLCs and free updates! We're excited for what's in store and will share more details as they become available.".
You can see a previous video of mine on Steam Deck below:
I'm quite excited to see what will be coming to the game. It's already spilling with content in all the characters you can unlock, and with so many different weapons there's thousands of character build combinations to do that just makes it so entertaining to play through constantly. Seems like a game ripe for just continually adding into so I'm pleased to see more coming and and DLC will be pretty much a guaranteed purchase here.
Anyway, latest patch notes for now are:
- Added projectile and explosion opacity options to improve visibility in endless mode
- Added option to limit FPS to 60
- The health bar will now indicate whether tardigrades are still active in the current wave using a purple color
- Reduced weapon cooldown variation for Multitasker with many weapons
- Fixed bug preventing more than one weapon from appearing in shop on wave 3 (is now the same as waves 4-5)
- Fixed bug causing revolver and chaingun to reset their interrupted cooldowns on stat changes
- Fixed bug causing gardens that are far away from the player to stop spawning fruits
- Fixed bug causing some consumables to drop outside of map bounds
- Fixed the player HP bar being hidden by some effects
- Fixed movement with controller D-pad
- Fixed bug preventing crates from dropping items locked in the shop
- Fixed bug that could cause the maximum HP regeneration rate to be linked to framerate
- Fixed display bug preventing shop stats affected by material count from updating on reroll
- Fixed bug that could cause effects to not be removed when weapons are combined or recycled after resuming saved game
- Fixed bug that could cause incorrect danger level to display during run after resuming saved game
- Fixed bug preventing boosted enemies from flashing when attacked
- Fixed crash at wave end
- Fixed UI bugs in options menus
- Various performance improvements
- Updated godot-mod-loader to v6.2.0 (mod authors should check deprecation warnings)
- Mods can now extend these classes without workarounds: Effect, EntitySpawner, ItemParentData, Weapon, WeaponStats, Shop
Also nice to see a game made with Godot Engine see such success with over 60,000 reviews on Steam and an Overwhelmingly Positive rating.
You can buy it on Steam.