Well that's quite an upgrade Baldur's Gate 3 just got, and one of my absolute favourite games of this year. Might be time to jump back in again!
The main headline features are all great like the new Epilogue, Honour Mode and Custom mode, improved inventory access and more but — there's one other little feature that they didn't seem to talk about, that plenty have been discovering to great surprise. I am of course talking about willy physics. Yes, all those people upset at release that there wasn't any wobbly bits can now rejoice. I don't think you really need to see it but video proof (NSFW, obviously). Glorious.
The main highlights:
- Epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.
- Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
- Many performance improvements, particularly in Act III.
- Players playing on machines with low VRAM/RAM should see improved performance.
- The game is now available in Korean!
- While at camp, you can now access and manage the inventories of companions who aren't in your active party.
- Added a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower.
- Orin’s outfit now drops as loot and is wearable by anyone. We also gave it a suitably disgusting description and name.
Those performance improvements as well will be quite welcome, especially on top of AMD FSR 2.2 that was added in a previous update.
For Linux Desktop and Steam Deck just make sure you're either on Proton Hotfix or the latest Proton Experimental, as they have the needed updates to ensure the game will actually launch.